The Empire of Chivalry and Steel, Inc. currently has chapters in several locations across the country. If you live in one of the areas that has a chapter, you can join the group with the three month prospective membership to see if we're a good fit for you. If you live somewhere else, the best solution is to start your own chapter of the ECS. It's generally a good idea to have a core group of 3-5 people in your area before trying to start a new group.

The first step to starting your own ECS chapter is to find out if we're registered in your state.
As of 01/01/2014 we are registered in:

    Arizona (Galandor)
    Indiana (Galandor)
    Nevada (Vega)
    Oregon (Vega)
    Utah (Vega)
    Washington (Vega)

If your state is not listed here, you will need to contact the Secretary of State or Corporations Division of your state government to get the necessary paperwork for filing as a Foreign Corporation. You will also need to contact the Board Secretary to coordinate the filing with us. Once you have the necessary paperwork, you need to fill it out listing yourself as the resident agent. Once you are registered, contact the Board Secretary and send them a copy of the filing paperwork. If you are not located within the United States, please contact the Board Secretary so we can review the applicable issues.

If your state is listed here, and you are not within an existing territory, contact the Sovereign of the applicable Kingdom and they will work with you to start your territory.

The next step to starting your own chapter is to select a name. Once you have a name, you need to inform the Sovereign and they will distribute that information to the necessary individuals. You will also need to compile a list of all members in your territory and send this list to the Kingdom Rolls and Lists Officer(s).

If you need any help along the way, please feel free to contact any of the individuals listed on the contact page.

Once your territory is established, you are encouraged to hold practices, events, recruiting, and demos. Keep in mind that, depending on your area, you may need a contract with the relevant Parks and Rec. department to hold a practice or event in a public park.

The following document packets will help you with these efforts.
Promotional Material - insert local information where prompted
Event Autocrat Packet - contains all necessary paperwork for running your own event

Empire of Chivalry and Steel